Svartå Church is open
The church will be open in the summer of 2026 on Wednesdays and Sundays from from noon (12 a.m.) to 4 p.m. from 10th of June until 16th of August
Address Hållsnäsintie 82, Mustio / Hällnäsvägen 82, Svartå
The first church was built in the 1600s and it was consecrated by the Bishop of Turku Johannes Gezelius the Elder, probably in 1675. The current church was consecrated in 1761. The pulpit in the church dates back to 1705. The church also has one of Finland’s of the oldest collection dreams, it is believed to be from 1705. The first organ in the church was from 1901. The restoration of the church was completed in 1949. The organ was renovated in 1967 by the Kangasala organ factory and it was built again in 1976 by Hans Heinrich. The bell tower outside the church dates back to 1778.
Free admission